Hey Pedro,

SQL programming guide is being updated. Here's the PR, but not merged yet: https://github.com/apache/spark/pull/13592

Cheng

On 6/17/16 9:13 PM, Pedro Rodriguez wrote:
Hi All,

At my workplace we are starting to use Datasets in 1.6.1 and even more with Spark 2.0 in place of Dataframes. I looked at the 1.6.1 documentation then the 2.0 documentation and it looks like not much time has been spent writing a Dataset guide/tutorial.

Preview Docs: https://home.apache.org/~pwendell/spark-releases/spark-2.0.0-preview-docs/sql-programming-guide.html#creating-datasets
Spark master docs: https://github.com/apache/spark/blob/master/docs/sql-programming-guide.md

I would like to spend the time to contribute an improvement to those docs with a more in depth examples of creating and using Datasets (eg using $ to select columns). Is this of value, and if so what should my next step be to get this going (create JIRA etc)?

--
Pedro Rodriguez
PhD Student in Distributed Machine Learning | CU Boulder