spark-dev mailing list archives

From Jan-Hendrik Zab <...@jhz.name>
Subject Apache Spark chat channel
Date Thu, 06 Oct 2016 13:33:20 GMT
Hello!

There was a request on scala-debate [0] to create a Spark centric chat
room under the scala namespace on Gitter with a focus on Scala related
questions.

This is just a heads up to the Apache Spark "management" to give them a
chance to get involved. It might be better to create a dedicated channel
under the Apache umbrella to better serve all users and not only those
using Scala. Avoiding any artificial split of the Spark community.
Reasons for having such a channel can be found in the linked thread.

ps.
Please CC me, since I'm not on the list.

Best,
        -jhz

(Resent, something apparently ate my first e-mail.)

[0] - https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/scala-debate/OVGnIU2SNmc