spark-dev mailing list archives

From Felix Cheung <felixcheun...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: PSA: Java 8 unidoc build
Date Tue, 07 Feb 2017 17:27:08 GMT
+1 for all the great work going in for this, HyukjinKwon, and +1 on what Sean says about "Jenkins
builds with Java 8" and we should catch these nasty javadoc8 issue quickly.

I think that would be the great first step to move away from java 7

_____________________________
From: Reynold Xin <rxin@databricks.com<mailto:rxin@databricks.com>>
Sent: Tuesday, February 7, 2017 4:48 AM
Subject: Re: PSA: Java 8 unidoc build
To: Sean Owen <sowen@cloudera.com<mailto:sowen@cloudera.com>>
Cc: Josh Rosen <joshrosen@databricks.com<mailto:joshrosen@databricks.com>>, Joseph
Bradley <joseph@databricks.com<mailto:joseph@databricks.com>>, <dev@spark.apache.org<mailto:dev@spark.apache.org>>

I don't know if this would help but I think we can also officially stop supporting Java 7

On Tue, Feb 7, 2017 at 1:06 PM, Sean Owen <sowen@cloudera.com<mailto:sowen@cloudera.com>>
wrote:
I believe that if we ran the Jenkins builds with Java 8 we would catch these? this doesn't
require dropping Java 7 support or anything.

@joshrosen I know we are just now talking about modifying the Jenkins jobs to remove old Hadoop
configs. Is it possible to change the master jobs to use Java 8? can't hurt really in any
event.

Or maybe I'm mistaken and they already run Java 8 and it doesn't catch this until Java 8 is
the target.

Yeah this is going to keep breaking as javadoc 8 is pretty strict. Thanks Hyukjin. It has
forced us to clean up a lot of sloppy bits of doc though.

On Tue, Feb 7, 2017 at 12:13 AM Joseph Bradley <joseph@databricks.com<mailto:joseph@databricks.com>>