spark-dev mailing list archives

From Dong Joon Hyun <dh...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache Spark 2.1.1 (RC4)
Date Thu, 27 Apr 2017 20:23:37 GMT
+1

I’ve got the same result (Scala/R test) on JDK 1.8.0_131 at this time.

Bests,
Dongjoon.

From: Reynold Xin <rxin@databricks.com<mailto:rxin@databricks.com>>
Date: Thursday, April 27, 2017 at 1:06 PM
To: Michael Armbrust <michael@databricks.com<mailto:michael@databricks.com>>,
"dev@spark.apache.org<mailto:dev@spark.apache.org>" <dev@spark.apache.org<mailto:dev@spark.apache.org>>
Subject: Re: [VOTE] Apache Spark 2.1.1 (RC4)

+1
On Thu, Apr 27, 2017 at 11:59 AM Michael Armbrust <michael@databricks.com<mailto:michael@databricks.com>>
wrote:
I'll also +1

On Thu, Apr 27, 2017 at 4:20 AM, Sean Owen <sowen@cloudera.com<mailto:sowen@cloudera.com>>
wrote:
+1 , same result as with the last RC. All checks out for me.

On Thu, Apr 27, 2017 at 1:29 AM Michael Armbrust <michael@databricks.com<mailto:michael@databricks.com>>
wrote:
Please vote on releasing the following candidate as Apache Spark version 2.1.1. The vote is
open until Sat, April 29th, 2018 at 18:00 PST and passes if a majority of at least 3 +1 PMC
votes are cast.

To learn more about Apache Spark, please see http://spark.apache.org/

The tag to be voted on is v2.1.1-rc4<https://github.com/apache/spark/tree/v2.1.1-rc4>
(267aca5bd5042303a718d10635bc0d1a1596853f)

List of JIRA tickets resolved can be found with this filter<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SPARK-20134?jql=project%20%3D%20SPARK%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%202.1.1>.

http://home.apache.org/~pwendell/spark-releases/spark-2.1.1-rc4-bin/

https://people.apache.org/keys/committer/pwendell.asc

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachespark-1232/

http://people.apache.org/~pwendell/spark-releases/spark-2.1.1-rc4-docs/

How can I help test this release?

If you are a Spark user, you can help us test this release by taking an existing Spark workload
and running on this release candidate, then reporting any regressions.

What should happen to JIRA tickets still targeting 2.1.1?

Committers should look at those and triage. Extremely important bug fixes, documentation,
and API tweaks that impact compatibility should be worked on immediately. Everything else
please retarget to 2.1.2 or 2.2.0.

But my bug isn't fixed!??!

In order to make timely releases, we will typically not hold the release unless the bug in
question is a regression from 2.1.0.

What happened to RC1?

There were issues with the release packaging and as a result was skipped.