spark-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Felix Cheung <>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache Spark 2.1.1 (RC2)
Date Sun, 02 Apr 2017 20:16:02 GMT
sorry, found an issue with SparkR CRAN check.
Opened SPARK-20197 and working on fix.

From: <> on behalf of Holden Karau <>
Sent: Friday, March 31, 2017 6:25:20 PM
To: Xiao Li
Cc: Michael Armbrust;
Subject: Re: [VOTE] Apache Spark 2.1.1 (RC2)

-1 (non-binding)

Python packaging doesn't seem to have quite worked out (looking at PKG-INFO the description
is "Description: !!!!! missing pandoc do not upload to PyPI !!!!"), ideally it would be nice
to have this as a version we upgrade to PyPi.
Building this on my own machine results in a longer description.

My guess is that whichever machine was used to package this is missing the pandoc executable
(or possibly pypandoc library).

On Fri, Mar 31, 2017 at 3:40 PM, Xiao Li <<>>


2017-03-30 16:09 GMT-07:00 Michael Armbrust <<>>:
Please vote on releasing the following candidate as Apache Spark version 2.1.0. The vote is
open until Sun, April 2nd, 2018 at 16:30 PST and passes if a majority of at least 3 +1 PMC
votes are cast.

[ ] +1 Release this package as Apache Spark 2.1.1
[ ] -1 Do not release this package because ...

To learn more about Apache Spark, please see

The tag to be voted on is v2.1.1-rc2<>

List of JIRA tickets resolved can be found with this filter<>.

The release files, including signatures, digests, etc. can be found at:

Release artifacts are signed with the following key:

The staging repository for this release can be found at:

The documentation corresponding to this release can be found at:


How can I help test this release?

If you are a Spark user, you can help us test this release by taking an existing Spark workload
and running on this release candidate, then reporting any regressions.

What should happen to JIRA tickets still targeting 2.1.1?

Committers should look at those and triage. Extremely important bug fixes, documentation,
and API tweaks that impact compatibility should be worked on immediately. Everything else
please retarget to 2.1.2 or 2.2.0.

But my bug isn't fixed!??!

In order to make timely releases, we will typically not hold the release unless the bug in
question is a regression from 2.1.0.

What happened to RC1?

There were issues with the release packaging and as a result was skipped.

Cell : 425-233-8271

View raw message