spark-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Kazuaki Ishizaki" <>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache Spark 2.1.1 (RC4)
Date Fri, 28 Apr 2017 16:16:24 GMT
+1 (non-binding)

I tested it on Ubuntu 16.04 and OpenJDK8 on ppc64le. All of the tests for 
core have passed..

$ java -version
openjdk version "1.8.0_111"
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (build 
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.111-b14, mixed mode)
$ build/mvn -DskipTests -Phive -Phive-thriftserver -Pyarn -Phadoop-2.7 
package install
$ build/mvn -Phive -Phive-thriftserver -Pyarn -Phadoop-2.7 test -pl core
Total number of tests run: 1788
Suites: completed 198, aborted 0
Tests: succeeded 1788, failed 0, canceled 4, ignored 8, pending 0
All tests passed.
[INFO] Total time: 16:30 min
[INFO] Finished at: 2017-04-29T01:02:29+09:00
[INFO] Final Memory: 54M/576M

Kazuaki Ishizaki, 

From:   Michael Armbrust <>
To:     "" <>
Date:   2017/04/27 09:30
Subject:        [VOTE] Apache Spark 2.1.1 (RC4)

Please vote on releasing the following candidate as Apache Spark version 
2.1.1. The vote is open until Sat, April 29th, 2018 at 18:00 PST and 
passes if a majority of at least 3 +1 PMC votes are cast.

[ ] +1 Release this package as Apache Spark 2.1.1
[ ] -1 Do not release this package because ...

To learn more about Apache Spark, please see

The tag to be voted on is v2.1.1-rc4 (

List of JIRA tickets resolved can be found with this filter.

The release files, including signatures, digests, etc. can be found at:

Release artifacts are signed with the following key:

The staging repository for this release can be found at:

The documentation corresponding to this release can be found at:


How can I help test this release?

If you are a Spark user, you can help us test this release by taking an 
existing Spark workload and running on this release candidate, then 
reporting any regressions.

What should happen to JIRA tickets still targeting 2.1.1?

Committers should look at those and triage. Extremely important bug fixes, 
documentation, and API tweaks that impact compatibility should be worked 
on immediately. Everything else please retarget to 2.1.2 or 2.2.0.

But my bug isn't fixed!??!

In order to make timely releases, we will typically not hold the release 
unless the bug in question is a regression from 2.1.0.

What happened to RC1?

There were issues with the release packaging and as a result was skipped.

View raw message