spark-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Kazuaki Ishizaki" <>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Spark 2.1.2 (RC4)
Date Tue, 03 Oct 2017 15:00:30 GMT
+1 (non-binding)

I tested it on Ubuntu 16.04 and OpenJDK8 on ppc64le. All of the tests for 
core/sql-core/sql-catalyst/mllib/mllib-local have passed.

$ java -version
openjdk version "1.8.0_131"
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (build 
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.131-b11, mixed mode)

% build/mvn -DskipTests -Phive -Phive-thriftserver -Pyarn -Phadoop-2.7 -T 
24 clean package install
% build/mvn -Phive -Phive-thriftserver -Pyarn -Phadoop-2.7 test -pl core 
-pl 'sql/core' -pl 'sql/catalyst' -pl mllib -pl mllib-local
Run completed in 12 minutes, 19 seconds.
Total number of tests run: 1035
Suites: completed 166, aborted 0
Tests: succeeded 1035, failed 0, canceled 0, ignored 5, pending 0
All tests passed.
[INFO] Reactor Summary:
[INFO] Spark Project Core ................................. SUCCESS [17:13 
[INFO] Spark Project ML Local Library ..................... SUCCESS [ 
5.759 s]
[INFO] Spark Project Catalyst ............................. SUCCESS [09:48 
[INFO] Spark Project SQL .................................. SUCCESS [12:01 
[INFO] Spark Project ML Library ........................... SUCCESS [15:16 
[INFO] Total time: 54:28 min
[INFO] Finished at: 2017-10-03T23:53:33+09:00
[INFO] Final Memory: 112M/322M
[WARNING] The requested profile "hive" could not be activated because it 
does not exist.

Kazuaki Ishizaki

From:   Dongjoon Hyun <>
To:     Spark dev list <>
Date:   2017/10/03 23:23
Subject:        Re: [VOTE] Spark 2.1.2 (RC4)

+1 (non-binding)


On Tue, Oct 3, 2017 at 5:13 AM, Herman van Hövell tot Westerflier <> wrote:

On Tue, Oct 3, 2017 at 1:32 PM, Sean Owen <> wrote:
+1 same as last RC. Tests pass, sigs and hashes are OK.

On Tue, Oct 3, 2017 at 7:24 AM Holden Karau <> wrote:
Please vote on releasing the following candidate as Apache Spark 
version 2.1.2. The vote is open until Saturday October 7th at 9:00 PST and 
passes if a majority of at least 3 +1 PMC votes are cast.

[ ] +1 Release this package as Apache Spark 2.1.2
[ ] -1 Do not release this package because ...

To learn more about Apache Spark, please see

The tag to be voted on is v2.1.2-rc4 (

List of JIRA tickets resolved in this release can be found with this 

The release files, including signatures, digests, etc. can be found at:

Release artifacts are signed with a key from:

The staging repository for this release can be found at:

The documentation corresponding to this release can be found at:


How can I help test this release?

If you are a Spark user, you can help us test this release by taking an 
existing Spark workload and running on this release candidate, then 
reporting any regressions.

If you're working in PySpark you can set up a virtual env and install the 
current RC and see if anything important breaks, in the Java/Scala you can 
add the staging repository to your projects resolvers and test with 
the RC (make sure to clean up the artifact cache before/after so you don't 
end up building with a out of date RC going forward).

What should happen to JIRA tickets still targeting 2.1.2?

Committers should look at those and triage. Extremely important bug fixes, 
documentation, and API tweaks that impact compatibility should be worked 
on immediately. Everything else please retarget to 2.1.3.

But my bug isn't fixed!??!

In order to make timely releases, we will typically not hold the release 
unless the bug in question is a regression from 2.1.1. That being said if 
there is something which is a regression form 2.1.1 that has not been 
correctly targeted please ping a committer to help target the issue (you 
can see the open issues listed as impacting Spark 2.1.1 & 2.1.2)

What are the unresolved issues targeted for 2.1.2?

At this time there are no open unresolved issues.

Is there anything different about this release?

This is the first release in awhile not built on the AMPLAB Jenkins. This 
is good because it means future releases can more easily be built and 
signed securely (and I've been updating the documentation in as I progress), however 
the chances of a mistake are higher with any change like this. If there 
something you normally take for granted as correct when checking a 
release, please double check this time :)

Should I be committing code to branch-2.1?

Thanks for asking! Please treat this stage in the RC process as "code 
freeze" so bug fixes only. If you're uncertain if something should be back 
ported please reach out. If you do commit to branch-2.1 please tag your 
JIRA issue fix version for 2.1.3 and if we cut another RC I'll move 
the 2.1.3 fixed into 2.1.2 as appropriate.

What happened to RC3?

Some R+zinc interactions kept it from getting out the door.

View raw message