spark-dev mailing list archives

From Erik Erlandson <eerla...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Timeline for Spark 2.3
Date Thu, 14 Dec 2017 23:49:39 GMT
I wanted to check in on the state of the 2.3 freeze schedule.  Original
proposal was "late Dec", which is a bit open to interpretation.

We are working to get some refactoring done on the integration testing for
the Kubernetes back-end in preparation for testing upcoming release
candidates, however holiday vacation time is about to begin taking its toll
both on upstream reviewing and on the "downstream" spark-on-kube fork.

If the freeze pushed into January, that would take some of the pressure off
the kube back-end upstreaming. However, regardless, I was wondering if the
dates could be clarified.
Cheers,
Erik