spark-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Kazuaki Ishizaki" <ISHIZ...@jp.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Timeline for Spark 2.3
Date Fri, 22 Dec 2017 04:48:21 GMT
+1 for cutting a branch earlier.
In some Asian countries, 1st, 2nd, and 3rd January are off. 
https://www.timeanddate.com/holidays/
How about 4th or 5th?

Regards,
Kazuaki Ishizaki



From:   Felix Cheung <felixcheung_m@hotmail.com>
To:     Michael Armbrust <michael@databricks.com>, Holden Karau 
<holden@pigscanfly.ca>
Cc:     Sameer Agarwal <sameer@databricks.com>, Erik Erlandson 
<eerlands@redhat.com>, dev <dev@spark.apache.org>
Date:   2017/12/21 04:48
Subject:        Re: Timeline for Spark 2.3



+1
I think the earlier we cut a branch the better.


From: Michael Armbrust <michael@databricks.com>
Sent: Tuesday, December 19, 2017 4:41:44 PM
To: Holden Karau
Cc: Sameer Agarwal; Erik Erlandson; dev
Subject: Re: Timeline for Spark 2.3 
 
Do people really need to be around for the branch cut (modulo the person 
cutting the branch)? 

1st or 2nd doesn't really matter to me, but I am +1 kicking this off as 
soon as we enter the new year :)

Michael

On Tue, Dec 19, 2017 at 4:39 PM, Holden Karau <holden@pigscanfly.ca> 
wrote:
Sounds reasonable, although I'd choose the 2nd perhaps just since lots of 
folks are off on the 1st?

On Tue, Dec 19, 2017 at 4:36 PM, Sameer Agarwal <sameer@databricks.com> 
wrote:
Let's aim for the 2.3 branch cut on 1st Jan and RC1 a week after that 
(i.e., week of 8th Jan)? 


On Fri, Dec 15, 2017 at 12:54 AM, Holden Karau <holden@pigscanfly.ca> 
wrote:
So personally I’d be in favour or pushing to early January, doing a 
release over the holidays is a little rough with herding all of people to 
vote. 

On Thu, Dec 14, 2017 at 11:49 PM Erik Erlandson <eerlands@redhat.com> 
wrote:
I wanted to check in on the state of the 2.3 freeze schedule.  Original 
proposal was "late Dec", which is a bit open to interpretation.

We are working to get some refactoring done on the integration testing for 
the Kubernetes back-end in preparation for testing upcoming release 
candidates, however holiday vacation time is about to begin taking its 
toll both on upstream reviewing and on the "downstream" spark-on-kube 
fork.

If the freeze pushed into January, that would take some of the pressure 
off the kube back-end upstreaming. However, regardless, I was wondering if 
the dates could be clarified.
Cheers,
Erik


On Mon, Nov 13, 2017 at 5:13 PM, djiang@dataxu.com <djiang@dataxu.com> 
wrote:
Hi,

What is the process to request an issue/fix to be included in the next
release? Is there a place to vote for features?
I am interested in https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SPARK-13127, to 
see
if we can get Spark upgrade parquet to 1.9.0, which addresses the
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PARQUET-686.
Can we include the fix in Spark 2.3 release?

Thanks,

Dong



--
Sent from: http://apache-spark-developers-list.1001551.n3.nabble.com/

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@spark.apache.org


-- 
Twitter: https://twitter.com/holdenkarau



-- 
Sameer Agarwal
Software Engineer | Databricks Inc.
http://cs.berkeley.edu/~sameerag



-- 
Twitter: https://twitter.com/holdenkarau




Mime
View raw message