Sounds reasonable, although I'd choose the 2nd perhaps just since lots of folks are off on the 1st?

On Tue, Dec 19, 2017 at 4:36 PM, Sameer Agarwal <sameer@databricks.com> wrote:
Let's aim for the 2.3 branch cut on 1st Jan and RC1 a week after that (i.e., week of 8th Jan)?


On Fri, Dec 15, 2017 at 12:54 AM, Holden Karau <holden@pigscanfly.ca> wrote:
So personally I’d be in favour or pushing to early January, doing a release over the holidays is a little rough with herding all of people to vote. 

On Thu, Dec 14, 2017 at 11:49 PM Erik Erlandson <eerlands@redhat.com> wrote:
I wanted to check in on the state of the 2.3 freeze schedule.  Original proposal was "late Dec", which is a bit open to interpretation.

We are working to get some refactoring done on the integration testing for the Kubernetes back-end in preparation for testing upcoming release candidates, however holiday vacation time is about to begin taking its toll both on upstream reviewing and on the "downstream" spark-on-kube fork.

If the freeze pushed into January, that would take some of the pressure off the kube back-end upstreaming. However, regardless, I was wondering if the dates could be clarified.
Cheers,
Erik


On Mon, Nov 13, 2017 at 5:13 PM, djiang@dataxu.com <djiang@dataxu.com> wrote:
Hi,

What is the process to request an issue/fix to be included in the next
release? Is there a place to vote for features?
I am interested in https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SPARK-13127, to see
if we can get Spark upgrade parquet to 1.9.0, which addresses the
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PARQUET-686.
Can we include the fix in Spark 2.3 release?

Thanks,

Dong



--
Sent from: http://apache-spark-developers-list.1001551.n3.nabble.com/

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@spark.apache.org


--



--
Sameer Agarwal
Software Engineer | Databricks Inc.



--