spark-dev mailing list archives

From Efim Poberezkin <Efim_Poberez...@epam.com>
Subject RE: Beginner searching for guidance with Jira and issues
Date Wed, 21 Mar 2018 07:24:19 GMT
Thanks a lot Jose,

I’ll look into the issue you’ve recommended then. Will comment on Jira to indicate I’m
working on it and ask further questions there if needed.

BR,
Efim

From: Joseph Torres [mailto:joseph.torres@databricks.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 20, 2018 8:41 PM
To: Efim Poberezkin <Efim_Poberezkin@epam.com>
Cc: dev@spark.apache.org
Subject: Re: Beginner searching for guidance with Jira and issues

Hi!

I can't speak for the other tasks, but SPARK-23444 I'd expect to be pretty complicated. It's
not obvious what the right strategy is, and there's a bunch of minor stuff that needs to be
cleaned up (e.g. tasks shouldn't print cancellation warnings when cancellation is expected).

If you're interested in working on continuous processing, https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SPARK-23503
could be a good newbie task. It's a pretty localized change to the EpochCoordinator class;
basically, it needs to wait to call query.commit(n + 1) until after query.commit(n). I'm not
sure how well I've managed to document the existing implementation, but I'd be happy to answer
any questions about it.

Jose

On Tue, Mar 20, 2018 at 9:01 AM, Efim Poberezkin <Efim_Poberezkin@epam.com<mailto:Efim_Poberezkin@epam.com>>