spark-dev mailing list archives

From Efim Poberezkin <Efim_Poberez...@epam.com>
Subject Beginner searching for guidance with Jira and issues
Date Tue, 20 Mar 2018 16:01:29 GMT
Good time of day,

I'd like to contribute to Spark development, but find it difficult to get into the process.
I'm somewhat overwhelmed by Spark's Jira as it's hard for me to figure out the complexity
of tasks and choose an appropriate one.
I've surfed Jira for some time and have selected a few issues I think I could try to solve:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SPARK-23673 - although for this one there's an uncertainty
that it's needed at all, according to the comment

Also I think it would be interesting to work on Continuous Processing if there were some newbie
tasks, but I wasn't able to find them.
If you could give me some directions on any of these issues I've linked, or just point to
some tasks that are suitable for a beginner, that'd help me a lot, I would appreciate any
advice.

Best regards,
Efim