spark-dev mailing list archives

From Ryan Blue <rb...@netflix.com.INVALID>
Subject [DISCUSS] SPIP: Standardize SQL logical plans
Date Thu, 19 Apr 2018 21:01:11 GMT
Hi everyone,

A few weeks ago, I wrote up a proposal to standardize SQL logical plans
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1gYm5Ji2Mge3QBdOliFV5gSPTKlX4q1DCBXIkiyMv62A/edit?ts=5ace0718#heading=h.m45webtwxf2d>
and
a supporting design doc for data source catalog APIs
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1zLFiA1VuaWeVxeTDXNg8bL6GP3BVoOZBkewFtEnjEoo/edit#heading=h.m45webtwxf2d>.
>From the comments on those docs, it looks like we mostly have agreement
around standardizing plans and around the data source catalog API.

We still need to work out details, like the transactional API extension,
but I'd like to get started implementing those proposals so we have
something working for the 2.4.0 release. I'm starting this thread because I
think we're about ready to vote on the proposal
<https://spark.apache.org/improvement-proposals.html#discussing-an-spip>
and I'd like to get any remaining discussion going or get anyone that
missed this to read through the docs.

Thanks!

rb

--