spark-dev mailing list archives

From "Thakrar, Jayesh" <jthak...@conversantmedia.com>
Subject Datasource API V2 and checkpointing
Date Tue, 24 Apr 2018 02:49:59 GMT
I was wondering when checkpointing is enabled, who does the actual work?
The streaming datasource or the execution engine/driver?

I have written a small/trivial datasource that just generates strings.
After enabling checkpointing, I do see a folder being created under the checkpoint folder,
but there's nothing else in there.

Same question for write-ahead and recovery?
And on a restart from a failed streaming session - who should set the offsets?
The driver/Spark or the datasource?

Any pointers to design docs would also be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jayesh