spark-dev mailing list archives

From Felix Cheung <felixcheun...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Scala 2.12 support
Date Thu, 07 Jun 2018 13:43:52 GMT
+1

Spoke to Dean as well and mentioned the problem with 2.11.12 https://github.com/scala/bug/issues/10913

_____________________________
From: Sean Owen <srowen@gmail.com>
Sent: Wednesday, June 6, 2018 12:23 PM
Subject: Re: Scala 2.12 support
To: Holden Karau <holden@pigscanfly.ca>
Cc: Dean Wampler <deanwampler@gmail.com>, Reynold Xin <rxin@databricks.com>, dev
<dev@spark.apache.org>

If it means no change to 2.11 support, seems OK to me for Spark 2.4.0. The 2.12 support is
separate and has never been mutually compatible with 2.11 builds anyway. (I also hope, suspect
that the changes are minimal; tests are already almost entirely passing with no change to
the closure cleaner when built for 2.12)

On Wed, Jun 6, 2018 at 1:33 PM Holden Karau <holden@pigscanfly.ca<mailto:holden@pigscanfly.ca>>