spark-dev mailing list archives

From Hyukjin Kwon <gurwls...@gmail.com>
Subject Spark JIRA tags clarification and management
Date Mon, 03 Sep 2018 06:49:02 GMT
Hi all,

I lately noticed tags are often used to classify JIRAs. I was thinking we
better explicitly document what tags are used and explain which tag means
what. For instance, we documented "Contributing to JIRA Maintenance" at
https://spark.apache.org/contributing.html before (thanks, Sean Owen) -
this helps me a lot to managing JIRAs, and they are good standards for, at
least, me to take an action.

It doesn't necessarily mean we should clarify everything but it might be
good to document tags used often.

We can leave this for committer's scope as well, if that's preferred - I
don't have a strong opinion on this. My point is, can we clarify this in
the contributing guide so that we can reduce the maintenance cost?