spark-dev mailing list archives

From Felix Cheung <felixcheun...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Spark JIRA tags clarification and management
Date Mon, 03 Sep 2018 18:04:43 GMT
+1 good idea.
There are a few for organizing but some also are critical to the release process, like rel
note. Would be good to clarify.

________________________________
From: Reynold Xin <rxin@databricks.com>
Sent: Sunday, September 2, 2018 11:50 PM
To: Hyukjin Kwon
Cc: dev
Subject: Re: Spark JIRA tags clarification and management

It would be great to document the common ones.

On Sun, Sep 2, 2018 at 11:49 PM Hyukjin Kwon <gurwls223@gmail.com<mailto:gurwls223@gmail.com>>
wrote:
Hi all,

I lately noticed tags are often used to classify JIRAs. I was thinking we better explicitly
document what tags are used and explain which tag means what. For instance, we documented
"Contributing to JIRA Maintenance" at https://spark.apache.org/contributing.html before (thanks,
Sean Owen) - this helps me a lot to managing JIRAs, and they are good standards for, at least,
me to take an action.

It doesn't necessarily mean we should clarify everything but it might be good to document
tags used often.

We can leave this for committer's scope as well, if that's preferred - I don't have a strong
opinion on this. My point is, can we clarify this in the contributing guide so that we can
reduce the maintenance cost?