The repartition correctness bug fix is merged. The Scala 2.12 PRs mentioned in this thread are all merged. The Kryo upgrade is done.

I'm going to cut the branch 2.4 since all the major blockers are now resolved.

Thanks,
Wenchen

On Sun, Sep 2, 2018 at 12:07 AM sadhen <sadhen@zoho.com> wrote:

https://github.com/apache/spark/pull/22308

https://github.com/apache/spark/pull/22310

These two might be the last fixes for Scala 2.12 :)

Please review.

 原始邮件
发件人: Sean Owen<srowen@apache.org>
收件人: antonkulaga<antonkulaga@gmail.com>
抄送: dev<dev@spark.apache.org>
发送时间: 2018年8月31日(周五) 05:00
主题: Re: code freeze and branch cut for Apache Spark 2.4

I know it's famous last words, but we really might be down to the last fix: https://github.com/apache/spark/pull/22264 More a question of making tests happy at this point I think than fundamental problems. My goal is to make sure we can release a usable, but beta-quality, 2.12 release of Spark in 2.4.

On Thu, Aug 30, 2018 at 3:56 PM antonkulaga <antonkulaga@gmail.com> wrote:
>There are a few PRs to fix Scala 2.12 issues. I think they will keep coming
up and we don't need to block Spark 2.4 on this.

I think it can be better to wait a bit for Scala 2.12 support in 2.4 than to
suffer many months until Spark 2.5 with 2.12 support will be released. Scala
2.12 is not only about Spark but also about a lot of Scala libraries that
stopped supporting Scala 2.11, if Spark 2.4 will not support Scala 2.12,
then people will not be able to use them in their Zeppelin, Jupyter and
other notebooks together with Spark.