spark-dev mailing list archives

From Sean Owen <sro...@apache.org>
Subject Re: On Scala 2.12.7
Date Tue, 02 Oct 2018 02:53:24 GMT
I tested both ways, and it actually works fine. It calls into question
whether there's really a fix we need with 2.12.7, but, I hear two
informed opinions (Darcy and the scala release notes) that it was
relevant. As we have no prior 2.12 support, I guess my feeling was
indeed to get this update in to the first 2.12-supporting release.

On Mon, Oct 1, 2018 at 9:43 PM Wenchen Fan <cloud0fan@gmail.com> wrote:

> My major concern is how it will affect end-users if Spark 2.4 is built with Scala versions
prior to 2.12.7. Generally I'm hesitating to upgrade Scala version when we are very close
to a release, and Scala 2.12 build of Spark 2.4 is beta anyway.