spark-dev mailing list archives

From Felix Cheung <felixcheun...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: On Scala 2.12.7
Date Tue, 02 Oct 2018 02:51:08 GMT
Although like you said, spark support for scala 2.12 is beta anyway then shouldn’t we get
it to a working state by basing on 2.12.7? There shouldn’t be a stability issue since it
is not officially “supported”

________________________________
From: Wenchen Fan <cloud0fan@gmail.com>
Sent: Monday, October 1, 2018 7:43 PM
To: Sean Owen
Cc: sadhen@zoho.com; Spark dev list
Subject: Re: On Scala 2.12.7

My major concern is how it will affect end-users if Spark 2.4 is built with Scala versions
prior to 2.12.7. Generally I'm hesitating to upgrade Scala version when we are very close
to a release, and Scala 2.12 build of Spark 2.4 is beta anyway.

On Sat, Sep 29, 2018 at 6:46 AM Sean Owen <srowen@apache.org<mailto:srowen@apache.org>>