On Mon, Oct 1, 2018 at 9:52 AM Holden Karau <holden.karau@gmail.com> wrote:
Oh that does look like an important correctness issue.
-1

On Mon, Oct 1, 2018, 9:57 AM Marco Gaido <marcogaido91@gmail.com> wrote:
-1, I was able to reproduce SPARK-25538 with the provided data.

Il giorno lun 1 ott 2018 alle ore 09:11 Ted Yu <yuzhihong@gmail.com> ha scritto:
+1

-------- Original message --------
From: Denny Lee <denny.g.lee@gmail.com>
Date: 9/30/18 10:30 PM (GMT-08:00)
To: Stavros Kontopoulos <stavros.kontopoulos@lightbend.com>
Cc: Sean Owen <srowen@gmail.com>, Wenchen Fan <cloud0fan@gmail.com>, dev <dev@spark.apache.org>
Subject: Re: [VOTE] SPARK 2.4.0 (RC2)

+1 (non-binding)

On Sat, Sep 29, 2018 at 10:24 AM Stavros Kontopoulos <stavros.kontopoulos@lightbend.com> wrote:
+1

Stavros

On Sat, Sep 29, 2018 at 5:59 AM, Sean Owen <srowen@gmail.com> wrote:
+1, with comments:

There are 5 critical issues for 2.4, and no blockers:
SPARK-25378 ArrayData.toArray(StringType) assume UTF8String in 2.4
SPARK-25325 ML, Graph 2.4 QA: Update user guide for new features & APIs
SPARK-25319 Spark MLlib, GraphX 2.4 QA umbrella
SPARK-25326 ML, Graph 2.4 QA: Programming guide update and migration guide
SPARK-25323 ML 2.4 QA: API: Python API coverage

Xiangrui, is SPARK-25378 important enough we need to get it into 2.4?

IMHO, the use case (spark-tensorflow-connector) is very important. But whether we need to fix it in 2.4 branch depends on the release timeline. See my comment in the JIRA: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SPARK-25378

I found two issues resolved for 2.4.1 that got into this RC, so marked
them as resolved in 2.4.0.

I checked the licenses and notice and they look correct now in source
and binary builds.

The 2.12 artifacts are as I'd expect.

I ran all tests for 2.11 and 2.12 and they pass with -Pyarn
-Pkubernetes -Pmesos -Phive -Phadoop-2.7 -Pscala-2.12.