spark-dev mailing list archives

From Petar Zečević <petar.zece...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Array indexing functions
Date Tue, 05 Feb 2019 15:42:55 GMT

Hi everybody,
I finally created the JIRA ticket and the pull request for the two array indexing functions:

Can any of the committers please check it out?

Thanks,
Petar

Petar Zečević <petar.zecevic@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi,
> I implemented two array functions that are useful to us and I wonder if you think it
would be useful to add them to the distribution. The functions are used for filtering arrays
based on indexes:

> array_allpositions (named after array_position) - takes a column and a value and returns
an array of the column's indexes corresponding to elements equal to the provided value

> array_select - takes an array column and an array of indexes and returns a subset of
the array based on the provided indexes.