spark-dev mailing list archives

From Darcy Shen <sad...@zoho.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: Scala 2.11 support removed for Spark 3.0.0
Date Mon, 25 Mar 2019 16:21:00 GMT
Cool, Scala 2.12 compiles faster than Scala 2.11 .

But it runs slower than Scala 2.11 by default. We may enable some compiler optimization options.

---- On Mon, 25 Mar 2019 23:53:18 +0800 Sean Owen <mailto:srowen@apache.org> wrote ----

I merged https://github.com/apache/spark/pull/23098 . "-Pscala-2.11"

won't work anymore in master. I think this shouldn't be a surprise or

disruptive as 2.12 is already the default.

The change isn't big and I think pretty reliable, but keep an eye out

for issues.

Shane you are welcome to remove the Scala 2.11 test job.

We could proceed to make some more enhancements that require 2.12, but

I think we got most of them in this PR.