spark-dev mailing list archives

From DB Tsai <d_t...@apple.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Spark 2.4.1 (RC6)
Date Fri, 08 Mar 2019 20:17:10 GMT
Since I can not find the commit of `Preparing development version 2.4.2-SNAPSHOT` after rc6
cut, it's very risky to fix the branch and do a force-push. I'll follow Marcelo's suggestion
to have another rc7 cut. Thus, this vote fails.

DB Tsai  |  Siri Open Source Technologies [not a contribution]  |   Apple, Inc

> On Mar 8, 2019, at 11:45 AM, DB Tsai <d_tsai@apple.com.INVALID> wrote:
>
> Okay, I see the problem. rc6 tag is not in the 2.4 branch. It's very weird. It must be
overwritten by a force push.

> DB Tsai  |  Siri Open Source Technologies [not a contribution]  |   Apple, Inc
>
>> On Mar 8, 2019, at 11:39 AM, DB Tsai <d_tsai@apple.com.INVALID> wrote:
>>
>> I was using `./do-release-docker.sh` to create a release. But since the gpg validation
fails couple times when the script tried to publish the jars into Nexus, I re-ran the scripts
multiple times without creating a new rc. I was wondering if the script will overwrite the
v.2.4.1-rc6 tag instead of using the same commit causing this issue.

>> Should we create a new rc7?
>>
>> DB Tsai  |  Siri Open Source Technologies [not a contribution]  |   Apple, Inc
>>
>>> On Mar 8, 2019, at 10:54 AM, Marcelo Vanzin <vanzin@cloudera.com.INVALID>
wrote:

>>> I personally find it a little weird to not have the commit in branch-2.4.
>>>
>>> Not that this would happen, but if the v2.4.1-rc6 tag is overwritten
>>> (e.g. accidentally) then you lose the reference to that commit, and
>>> then the exact commit from which the rc was generated is lost.

or lost in a force push of 2.4 along the way? The change is there, just under a different
commit in the 2.4 branch.

and all that. I just want to be sure we do have the code from that commit in these tatballs.
It looks like it.

Release related commits I have seen so far were also part of the branch.

version 2.4.2-SNAPSHOT" commits were simply not pushed to spark-2.4 just the tag itself was
pushed. I dont know what is the practice in such cases but one solution is to rebase branch-2.4
changes after 3336a21 onto these commits and do a (sorry) force push. In this case there is
no impact on this RC.

8., P, 1:15):

Version/s" = 2.4.1