spark-dev mailing list archives

From Felix Cheung <felixcheun...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Upgrading minimal PyArrow version to 0.12.x [SPARK-27276]
Date Sat, 30 Mar 2019 05:23:35 GMT
I don’t take it as Sept 2019 is end of life for python 3.5 tho. It’s just saying the next
release.

In any case I think in the next release it will be great to get more Python 3.x release test
coverage.

________________________________
From: shane knapp <sknapp@berkeley.edu>
Sent: Friday, March 29, 2019 4:46 PM
To: Bryan Cutler
Cc: Felix Cheung; Hyukjin Kwon; dev
Subject: Re: Upgrading minimal PyArrow version to 0.12.x [SPARK-27276]

i'm not opposed to 3.6 at all.

On Fri, Mar 29, 2019 at 4:16 PM Bryan Cutler <cutlerb@gmail.com<mailto:cutlerb@gmail.com>>
wrote:
PyArrow dropping Python 3.4 was mainly due to support going away at Conda-Forge and other
dependencies also dropping it.  I think we better upgrade Jenkins Python while we are at it.
 Are you all against jumping to Python 3.6 so we are not in the same boat in September?

On Thu, Mar 28, 2019 at 7:58 PM Felix Cheung <felixcheung_m@hotmail.com<mailto:felixcheung_m@hotmail.com>>