spark-dev mailing list archives

From Felix Cheung <felixcheun...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] [SPARK-24615] SPIP: Accelerator-aware Scheduling
Date Sun, 03 Mar 2019 03:35:39 GMT

From: Marco Gaido <marcogaido91@gmail.com>
Sent: Saturday, March 2, 2019 4:18 AM
To: Weichen Xu
Cc: Yinan Li; Tom Graves; dev; Xingbo Jiang
Subject: Re: [VOTE] [SPARK-24615] SPIP: Accelerator-aware Scheduling

Il giorno sab 2 mar 2019 alle ore 05:14 Weichen Xu <weichen.xu@databricks.com<mailto:weichen.xu@databricks.com>>

On Sat, Mar 2, 2019 at 6:11 AM Yinan Li <liyinan926@gmail.com<mailto:liyinan926@gmail.com>>
+1

On Fri, Mar 1, 2019 at 12:37 PM Tom Graves <tgraves_cs@yahoo.com.invalid> wrote:
+1 for the SPIP.

Tom

On Friday, March 1, 2019, 8:14:43 AM CST, Xingbo Jiang <jiangxb1987@gmail.com<mailto:jiangxb1987@gmail.com>>
wrote:

Hi all,

I want to call for a vote of SPARK-24615<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SPARK-24615>.
It improves Spark by making it aware of GPUs exposed by cluster managers, and hence Spark
can match GPU resources with user task requests properly. The proposal<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1C4J_BPOcSCJc58HL7JfHtIzHrjU0rLRdQM3y7ejil64/edit?usp=sharing>
and production doc<https://docs.google.com/document/d/12JjloksHCdslMXhdVZ3xY5l1Nde3HRhIrqvzGnK_bNE/edit?usp=sharing>
was made available on dev@ to collect input. Your can also find a design sketch at SPARK-27005<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SPARK-27005>.

The vote will be up for the next 72 hours. Please reply with your vote:

+1: Yeah, let's go forward and implement the SPIP.
+0: Don't really care.
-1: I don't think this is a good idea because of the following technical reasons.

Thank you!

Xingbo