spark-dev mailing list archives

From Ajith shetty <ajith.she...@huawei.com>
Subject RE: How to build single jar for single project in spark
Date Tue, 26 Mar 2019 09:49:03 GMT
You can try using -pl maven option for this
> mvn clean install -pl :spark-core_2.11
From:Qiu, Gerry <gqiu@ebay.com.INVALID>
To:zhangliyun <kellyzly@126.com>;dev@spark.apache.org <dev@spark.apache.org>
Date:2019-03-26 14:34:20
Subject:RE: How to build single jar for single project in spark

You can try this  https://spark.apache.org/docs/latest/building-spark.html#building-submodules-individually

Thanks,
Gerry

From: zhangliyun <kellyzly@126.com>
Sent: 2019年3月26日 16:50
To: dev@spark.apache.org

Hi all:
  I have a question when i modify one file  in spark project like org/apache/spark/sql/execution/ui/SparkPlanGraph.scala.
 Can i only build the single jar  spark-core_2.11-2.3.2.jar? After finishing building the
single jar then copy the jar to $SPARK_HOME/jars directory.  If anyone knows the detail way
to make it work, please tell me because  i think it spends long time(20+ minutes in my windows
laptop) to rebuild the whole package if only make small modification.

Best Regards
Zhang,Liyun/Kelly Zhang