spark-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Vesse <rve...@dotnetrdf.org>
Subject JDK vs JRE in Docker Images
Date Wed, 17 Apr 2019 13:38:45 GMT
Folks

For those using the Kubernetes support and building custom images are you using a JDK or a
JRE in the container images?

Using a JRE saves a reasonable chunk of image size (about 50MB with our preferred Linux distro)
but I didn’t want to make this change if there was a reason to have a JDK available.  Certainly
the official project integration tests run just fine with a JRE based image

Currently the projects official Docker files use openjdk:8-alpine as a base which includes
a full JDK so didn’t know if that was intentional or just convenience?

Thanks,

Rob