spark-dev mailing list archives

From Sean Owen <sro...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Antlr plugin for sql/catalyst project
Date Sun, 14 Apr 2019 12:57:38 GMT
For IntelliJ, in the Maven pane, there's a button to generate all
sources and resources that the build creates. That's the easier
option. You can open a PR to add a note about it along with other docs
for IntelliJ users.

On Sun, Apr 14, 2019 at 4:24 AM William Wong <william1104@gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I tried to follow the guide at 'http://spark.apache.org/developer-tools.html' to setup
an IntelliJ project for Spark. However, the project was failed to build. It was due to missing
classes generated via antlr on sql/catalyst project.

> I would like to enhance the document to hint other new joiners to run 'build/mvn antlr4
-f sql/catalyst/pom.xml' if hitting missing ANTLR4 classes files. However, Spark's project
structure is very new to me. I hope I did not miss any guideline on spark's documentation
about this issue, if so pls let me know. Thanks in advance.