spark-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Junghanns <martin.jungha...@neotechnology.com>
Subject CI build issue with MiMa tests
Date Wed, 05 Jun 2019 10:46:06 GMT
Hi all,

While introducing new modules for Spark Graph
(https://github.com/apache/spark/pull/24490),
builds started to turn red because of failing MiMa (binary
compatibility) tests.

We had one successful build, however, all subsequent builds fail:

Successful run:
https://github.com/apache/spark/pull/24490#issuecomment-498075761
First failed run:
https://github.com/apache/spark/pull/24490#issuecomment-498104960

Both builds run on the same commit:
https://github.com/apache/spark/commit/bf7db46d7dc548ffecb84d5696281951a46e5ae7

The build log contains:

[error] running /home/jenkins/workspace/SparkPullRequestBuilder/dev/mima
-Phadoop-2.7 -Pkubernetes -Phive-thriftserver -Pkinesis-asl -Pyarn
-Pspark-ganglia-lgpl -Phive -Pmesos ; received return code 1

I tried to reproduce this locally, but got return code 0 without any
output when running

'dev/mima'

and

'dev/mima -Phadoop-2.7 -Pkubernetes -Phive-thriftserver -Pkinesis-asl
-Pyarn -Pspark-ganglia-lgpl -Phive -Pmesos'

Any ideas what could cause CI to change its behaviour between builds?
Are we missing something in the way we introduced the modules? Any help
would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Martin