spark-dev mailing list archives

From Marco Gaido <marcogaid...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Opinions wanted: how much to match PostgreSQL semantics?
Date Mon, 08 Jul 2019 20:03:19 GMT
Hi Sean,

Thanks for bringing this up. Honestly, my opinion is that Spark should be
fully ANSI SQL compliant. Where ANSI SQL compliance is not an issue, I am
fine following any other DB. IMHO, we won't get anyway 100% compliance with
any DB - postgres in this case (e.g. for decimal operations, we are
following SQLServer, and postgres behaviour would be very hard to meet) -
so I think it is fine that PMC members decide for each feature whether it
is worth to support it or not.

Thanks,
Marco