spark-dev mailing list archives

From Sean Owen <sro...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Thoughts on Spark 3 release, or a preview release
Date Sat, 14 Sep 2019 14:15:43 GMT
I don't think this suggests anything is finalized, including APIs. I
would not guess there will be major changes from here though.

On Fri, Sep 13, 2019 at 4:27 PM Andrew Melo <andrew.melo@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Spark Aficionados-
>
> On Fri, Sep 13, 2019 at 15:08 Ryan Blue <rblue@netflix.com.invalid> wrote:
>>
>> +1 for a preview release.
>>
>> DSv2 is quite close to being ready. I can only think of a couple issues that we need
to merge, like getting a fix for stats estimation done. I'll have a better idea once I've
caught up from being away for ApacheCon and I'll add this to the agenda for our next DSv2
sync on Wednesday.

> What does 3.0 mean for the DSv2 API? Does the API freeze at that point, or would it still
be allowed to change? I'm writing a DSv2 plug-in (GitHub.com/spark-root/laurelin) and there's
a couple little API things I think could be useful, I've just not had time to write here/open
a JIRA about.