spark-dev mailing list archives

From Sean Owen <sro...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Ask for ARM CI for spark
Date Mon, 18 Nov 2019 02:06:45 GMT
Same response as before:

- It is in the list of resolved JIRAs, of course
- It (largely) worked previously
- I think you're also saying you don't have 100% tests passing anyway,
though probably just small issues
- It does not seem to merit a special announcement from the PMC among
the 2000+ changes in Spark 3
- You are welcome to announce (on the project's user@ list if you
like) whatever you want. Obviously, this is already well advertised on
dev@

I think you are asking for what borders on endorsement, and no that
doesn't sound appropriate. Please just announce whatever you like as
suggested.

Sean

On Sun, Nov 17, 2019 at 8:01 PM Tianhua huang <huangtianhua223@gmail.com> wrote:

> @Sean Owen´╝î
> I'm afraid I don't agree with you this time, I still remember no one can tell me whether
Spark supports ARM or how much Spark can support ARM when I asked this first time on Dev@,
 you're very kind and told me to build and test on ARM locally and so sorry I think you were
not sure much about this at that moment, right? Then I and my team work with community, we
found/fixed several issues, integrate arm jobs into AMPLAB Jenkins, and the daily jobs has
been stablely running for few weeks... after these efforts why not announce this officially
in Spark releasenote? I believe after this everyone will know Spark is fully testing on ARM
on community CI, Spark supports ARM basically, it's amazing and this will be very helpful.
So what do you think? Or what are you worrying about?