spark-dev mailing list archives

From Li Jin <ice.xell...@gmail.com>
Subject Debug "Java gateway process exited before sending the driver its port number"
Date Wed, 27 Nov 2019 21:57:43 GMT
Dear Spark devs,

I am debugging a weird "Java gateway process exited before sending the
driver its port number" when creating SparkSession with pyspark. I am
running the following simple code with pytest:

"

from pyspark.sql import SparkSession

def test_spark():

    spark = SparkSession.builder.getOrCreate()

    spark.range(10).show()
"

(I've setup an conda environment and conda installed pyspark version 2.4.4)

I am wondering if there is a way for me to find the stdout/stderr/log for
the Java driver process to see what's going on?

Help much appreciated!
Thanks,
Li