spark-dev mailing list archives

From Sean Owen <sro...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Release Apache Spark 2.4.5 and 2.4.6
Date Mon, 09 Dec 2019 18:32:07 GMT
Sure, seems fine. The release cadence slows down in a branch over time
as there is probably less to fix, so Jan-Feb 2020 for 2.4.5 and
something like middle or Q3 2020 for 2.4.6 is a reasonable
expectation. It might plausibly be the last 2.4.x release but who
knows.

On Mon, Dec 9, 2019 at 12:29 PM Dongjoon Hyun <dongjoon.hyun@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi, All.
>
> Along with the discussion on 3.0.0, I'd like to discuss about the next releases on `branch-2.4`.
>
> As we know, `branch-2.4` is our LTS branch and also there exists some questions on the
release plans. More releases are important not only for the latest K8s version support, but
also for delivering important bug fixes regularly (at least until 3.x becomes dominant.)