spark-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Stephen Coy <>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache Spark 3.0.0 RC1
Date Wed, 01 Apr 2020 04:18:15 GMT
The download artifacts are all seem to have the “RC1” missing from their names.

e.g. spark-3.0.0-bin-hadoop3.2.tgz


Steve C

On 1 Apr 2020, at 2:04 pm, Reynold Xin <<>>

Please vote on releasing the following candidate as Apache Spark version 3.0.0.

The vote is open until 11:59pm Pacific time Fri Apr 3, and passes if a majority +1 PMC votes
are cast, with a minimum of 3 +1 votes.

[ ] +1 Release this package as Apache Spark 3.0.0
[ ] -1 Do not release this package because ...

To learn more about Apache Spark, please see

The tag to be voted on is v3.0.0-rc1 (commit 6550d0d5283efdbbd838f3aeaf0476c7f52a0fb1):

The release files, including signatures, digests, etc. can be found at:

Signatures used for Spark RCs can be found in this file:

The staging repository for this release can be found at:

The documentation corresponding to this release can be found at:

The list of bug fixes going into 2.4.5 can be found at the following URL:

This release is using the release script of the tag v3.0.0-rc1.


How can I help test this release?
If you are a Spark user, you can help us test this release by taking
an existing Spark workload and running on this release candidate, then
reporting any regressions.

If you're working in PySpark you can set up a virtual env and install
the current RC and see if anything important breaks, in the Java/Scala
you can add the staging repository to your projects resolvers and test
with the RC (make sure to clean up the artifact cache before/after so
you don't end up building with a out of date RC going forward).

What should happen to JIRA tickets still targeting 3.0.0?
The current list of open tickets targeted at 3.0.0 can be found at: and search for "Target Version/s" = 3.0.0

Committers should look at those and triage. Extremely important bug
fixes, documentation, and API tweaks that impact compatibility should
be worked on immediately. Everything else please retarget to an
appropriate release.

But my bug isn't fixed?
In order to make timely releases, we will typically not hold the
release unless the bug in question is a regression from the previous
release. That being said, if there is something which is a regression
that has not been correctly targeted please ping me or a committer to
help target the issue.

Note: I fully expect this RC to fail.

This email contains confidential information of and is the copyright of Infomedia. It must
not be forwarded, amended or disclosed without consent of the sender. If you received this
message by mistake, please advise the sender and delete all copies. Security of transmission
on the internet cannot be guaranteed, could be infected, intercepted, or corrupted and you
should ensure you have suitable antivirus protection in place. By sending us your or any third
party personal details, you consent to (or confirm you have obtained consent from such third
parties) to Infomedia’s privacy policy.
View raw message