spark-dev mailing list archives

From aakash aakash <email2aak...@gmail.com>
Subject graceful shutdown for slave host for Spark Standalone Cluster
Date Mon, 20 Apr 2020 21:01:01 GMT
Hi,

We use ec2 to run batch spark jobs to filter and process our data and
sometimes we need to replace the host or deploy a new fleet.  Since we run
the driver in cluster mode and if the host goes down it will be
detrimental. We also use some native code to make sure our table is
modified by only one customer and that does not allow us to use supervise
mode.

I was wondering whether the Standalone cluster has a way to have graceful
shutdown for slaves whether it allows finishing the current running driver
and executor and does not take any new request from the master. So we can
implement a sidecar and once all running driver and executor finish we can
allow shut down by the host.

Thanks for your help and suggestion!

Regards,
Aakash