spark-dev mailing list archives

From Sean Owen <sro...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Spark 2.4.7 (RC1)
Date Wed, 02 Sep 2020 13:18:26 GMT
If you mean, will there be another 2.4.8 release? yes eventually. I am sure
we'll do maintenance releases into early next year.
What is the policy for holding a release for more changes? generally for
correctness issues and/or regressions vs the previous maintenance release.
Those entail an element of judgment call; other really important changes
might hold it up.
That looks like a change that should go into 2.4.x but not
necessarily block 2.4.7. It doesn't look ready to commit, even.