Thank you for the clarification.

On Wed, Sep 2, 2020 at 6:18 AM Sean Owen <srowen@gmail.com> wrote:
If you mean, will there be another 2.4.8 release? yes eventually. I am sure we'll do maintenance releases into early next year.
What is the policy for holding a release for more changes? generally for correctness issues and/or regressions vs the previous maintenance release. Those entail an element of judgment call; other really important changes might hold it up.
That looks like a change that should go into 2.4.x but not necessarily block 2.4.7. It doesn't look ready to commit, even.