spark-user mailing list archives

From Matei Zaharia <matei.zaha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re:
Date Sun, 01 Sep 2013 19:35:13 GMT
What's your code for loading the SequenceFile?

You may also want to check that you're using the right version of protobuf in Spark.

Matei

On Sep 1, 2013, at 10:52 AM, Gary Malouf <malouf.gary@gmail.com> wrote:

> We are using Spark 0.7.3 compiled (and running) against Hadood 2.0.0-mr1-cdh4.2.1.
>
> When I read a sequence file in, I have a series of key-value pairs (specifically, the
keys are longs and the values are byte arrays).  When I use the scala-based Scoobi library
to parse each byte-array into a protobuf message, I have no issues.  However, when I try to
parse the values in these sequence files into the protobuf messages they were created as,
I get the following:

> com.google.protobuf.InvalidProtocolBufferException: Protocol message contained an invalid
tag (zero)

> Has anyone else experiened this before?  Is there anything special that must be done
when reading in the sequence files?