spark-user mailing list archives

From Paul Snively <psniv...@icloud.com>
Subject Spark Streaming Server
Date Wed, 18 Sep 2013 01:50:45 GMT
Hi everyone!

In looking at the Spark Streaming API more closely, it occurs to me that it seems biased toward
seeing Spark Streaming processes as consumers of existing services. I'm thinking particularly
of socketStream and zeroMQ stream, which want a host/port and Publisher, respectively. But
I think this overlooks a whole class of use cases, where I'd like to establish a server that
someone can stream data to, and use Spark Streaming to process it. Has any work been done
on this front? I suppose, worst case, I could write my own NetworkReceiver that listens on
a socket or somesuch, but it'd be nice if I didn't have to.

Thoughts?

Thanks!
Paul