spark-user mailing list archives

From Mark Hamstra <m...@clearstorydata.com>
Subject Re: Timezone Conversion Utilities
Date Wed, 04 Sep 2013 16:17:01 GMT
A couple of lines to include a build dependency and import a library vs.
all of the time to develop and maintain our own time-and-date code or all
of the user headache of having to work-around our choice the link in a
library that doesn't fit their particular needs.

Until there is an obvious, stable and expected-in-almost-all-cases
third-party time-and-date library to chose, I strongly urge that we do not
bind Spark to a particular time-and-date library.  (And there are a lot
better things that we could be doing with our time than developing on our
own yet another time-and-date implementation.)