spark-user mailing list archives

From Vadim Chekan <kot.bege...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Recovering from receiver failure in Spark streaming
Date Fri, 20 Sep 2013 16:27:54 GMT
Perhaps receiver needs to be failure-resistant itself. Spark does not know
what your application requirements are and what should be done in case of
network stream error. I would implement akka actor which switches into
connection retry mode upon network error and switches back into receiving
mode when connection restored.

Vadim.

On Fri, Sep 20, 2013 at 9:07 AM, Russell Cardullo <russellcardullo@gmail.com

--