Spark using 2.10 (or maybe 2.11) and newer Akka will come together -- but not until after 0.8.0, which is in release candidates now.

On Thu, Sep 19, 2013 at 10:20 AM, David Greco <greco@acm.org> wrote:
Hi Spark team,
I totally agree with Paul. Spark it's an amazing tool and there are not real competitors around. So, I definitely agree on the need to keep a bit more up to date with the Scala world, and not only Scala 2.10 but also a more recent version of Akka for example.
Anyway, really thanks for the great job you're doing!

David Greco
d.greco@icloud.com
greco@acm.org
d.greco@computer.org