I was able to get Spark 0.8.0 to compile with Hadoop/Yarn 2.1.0-beta, by following some of the changes described here: http://hortonworks.com/blog/stabilizing-yarn-apis-for-apache-hadoop-2-beta-and-beyond/

That should help you build most of it. One change not covered there is the change from ProtoUtils.convertFromProtoFormat(containerToken, cmAddress) to ConverterUtils.convertFromYarn(containerToken, cmAddress).

Not 100% sure that my changes are correct.

Hope that helps,
Viren