spark-user mailing list archives

From Patrick Wendell <pwend...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Visitor function to RDD elements
Date Tue, 22 Oct 2013 20:36:35 GMT
Hey Matt,

It seems like you are trying to perform an operation that just isn't
parrallelizable. In that case, it's going to be tricky without collecting
the entire dataset on one node.

Spark does not expose an iterator like you are suggesting, that lets you
traverse an RDD. You could build one yourself though by collecting one
partition at a time at the driver, thought this would require some lower
level understanding of Spark.

- Patrick