spark-user mailing list archives

From Shay Seng <s...@1618labs.com>
Subject Re: help on SparkContext.sequenceFile()
Date Sat, 19 Oct 2013 00:56:11 GMT
I seem to be having issues compiling it though...
 def readAsRdd[T: ClassManifest](sc: org.apache.spark.SparkContext,
uri:String, clazz:java.lang.Class[_]) = {
    val rdd = sc.sequenceFile[org.apache.hadoop.io.Text,
org.apache.hadoop.io.BytesWritable](uri)
    rdd.map(l=>{
      val sz = l._2.getLength
      val b = l._2.getBytes.slice(0,sz)
      val parseFrom = clazz.getMethod("parseFrom",Class.forName("[B"))
      parseFrom.invoke(null,b).asInstanceOf[T]
    })
  }

[ERROR]
/Users/shay/sb/experiment/sps-emr/ue/src/main/scala/ue/proto.scala:57:
error: could not find implicit value for parameter kcf: () =>
org.apache.spark.WritableConverter[org.apache.hadoop.io.Text]
[ERROR] Error occurred in an application involving default arguments.
[INFO]     val rdd = sc.sequenceFile[org.apache.hadoop.io.Text,