spark-user mailing list archives

From Adrian Bonar <Adrian.Bo...@microsoft.com>
Subject Pre-build Spark for Windows 8.1
Date Wed, 04 Dec 2013 22:31:00 GMT
Separate from my previous thread about building a distribution of Spark on Win8, I am also
trying to run the pre-build binaries with little success. I downloaded and extract "spark-0.8.0-incubating-bin-hadoop1"
to d:\spark and attempted to start a master with the following error:

$ sh bin/start-master.sh
starting org.apache.spark.deploy.master.Master, logging to /cygdrive/d/spark/bin/../logs/spark-adribona-org.apache.spark.deploy.master.Master-1-ADRIBONA-DEV-1.out
failed to launch org.apache.spark.deploy.master.Master:

  Error: Could not find or load main class org.apache.spark.deploy.master.Master
full log in /cygdrive/d/spark/bin/../logs/spark-adribona-org.apache.spark.deploy.master.Master-1-ADRIBONA-DEV-1.out

--Adrian (again. :))