spark-user mailing list archives

From Matei Zaharia <matei.zaha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Pre-build Spark for Windows 8.1
Date Thu, 05 Dec 2013 00:26:05 GMT
Hey Adrian,

Ideally you shouldn’t use Cygwin to run on Windows — use the .cmd scripts we provide instead.
Cygwin might be made to work but we haven’t tried to do this so far so it’s not supported.
If you can fix it, that would of course be welcome.

Also, the deploy scripts don’t work on Windows — we assumed that people would mostly use
Windows for local development and testing. However, if you do want to launch a cluster, you
can use spark-class.cmd manually to launch a Master and then Workers. Use the commands in
the first part of http://spark.incubator.apache.org/docs/latest/spark-standalone.html.

Matei

On Dec 4, 2013, at 2:31 PM, Adrian Bonar <Adrian.Bonar@microsoft.com> wrote:

> Separate from my previous thread about building a distribution of Spark on Win8, I am
also trying to run the pre-build binaries with little success. I downloaded and extract “spark-0.8.0-incubating-bin-hadoop1”
to d:\spark and attempted to start a master with the following error: