spark-user mailing list archives

From Matei Zaharia <matei.zaha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Spark 0.8.0 Compiling issues
Date Fri, 06 Dec 2013 19:53:30 GMT
Yeah, unfortunately the reason it pops up more in 0.8.0 is because our package names got longer!
But if you just do the build in /tmp it will work.

On Dec 6, 2013, at 11:35 AM, Josh Rosen <rosenville@gmail.com> wrote:

> This isn't a Spark 0.8.0-specific problem.  I googled for "sbt error filen ame too long"
and found a couple of links that suggest that this error may crop up for Linux users with
encrypted filesystems or home directories:

as suggested here http://spark.incubator.apache.org/docs/latest/building-with-maven.html).
> Unfortunately, compiling fails for both of them with the following error (here is with
Maven
> but with SBT the error happens at the same class):
>
> [INFO] Using incremental compilation
> [INFO] 'compiler-interface' not yet compiled for Scala 2.9.3. Compiling...
> [INFO]   Compilation completed in 17.554 s
> [INFO] Compiling 258 Scala sources and 16 Java sources to /home/gustavo/tools/spark-0.8.0-incubating/core/target/scala-2.9.3/classes...
> [WARNING] /home/gustavo/tools/spark-0.8.0-incubating/core/src/main/scala/org/apache/spark/SparkHadoopWriter.scala:129:
method cleanupJob in class OutputCommitter is deprecated: see corresponding Javadoc for more
information.